Lavender + Honey Lamb Chops
Inspired by chef Michael Symon's tried and true dry brine technique,
Doug Trattner shares with us a lamb chop recipe created throughout
his process of co-writing the cookbook “Carnivore.”
To thank Doug for his time, BurkleHagen has donated $100 to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank
—we’d love you to do the same.
in the kitchen with Doug Trattner
24 lamb chops (serves 8)
2 tbsp. dried lavender
2 tbsp. honey
1/2 cup sea salt
1. Rub the lavender between your hands and into a medium bowl. Stir in sea salt to combine.
2. Generously season both sides of the lamb chops with half the amount of lavender salt in the bowl.
3. Cover chops and refrigerate overnight. Set rest of lavender salt aside to sprinkle on dish later.
4. Pull lamb chops out of the fridge, allow to reach room temperature. Preheat grill to medium-high.
5. Brush both sides of lamb chops with olive oil. Grill until medium-rare, about 2 minutes per side.
6. Arrange chops on a large platter. Sprinkle with rest of lavender salt and drizzle with honey.
Tip! Doug enjoys serving this dish family-style with garlicky tzatziki sauce on the side.
Explore our work.