Grilled Herb Chicken Thighs with Adzhika Sauce
Tailgate season is upon us and that means a renewed reason to fire up tasty meats for outdoor shenanigans. Except this year, let's up our game. Our food stylist, Ana Kelly, has a recipe that will earn you the rank of Chef de Cuisine in any parking lot or backyard around. Game on!
Chicken and Marinade
|1/4 cup||Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 Sprigs||Fresh Thyme|
|2 SPRIGS||Fresh Oregano|
|2 SPRIGS||Fresh Rosemary|
|3 SPRIGS||Fresh Parsley|
|1 Small||Onion Peeled and Quartered|
|1/2 Tsp||Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
|5 lemons||Juice and Zest|
- Place all ingredients (except chicken) into a Vitamix and pulse at variable 4-10 times.
- In a large sealable container, add chicken breasts, marinade minus 1/4 cup (set aside to drizzle over after chicken is grilled) and massage marinade into meat until evenly coated
- Cover and place in the refrigerator
- Let the chicken marinate at least 1 hour (or up to 12 hours).
- Grill chicken thighs on medium high for 6-8 minutes per side or until 165° temperature (take temperature close to bone)
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of cold marinade on hot chicken and serve with Adzika sauce (recipe listed below)
|8 oz||Apples, Cored and Quartered|
|8 oz||Red Bell Peppers, Seeded|
|40 oz||Ripe Tomatoes, Halved|
|1/2 Cup||Olive Oil|
|2 1/2 oz||Garlic, Peeled|
|2 1/2 oz||Jalapeno, stemmed|
- Place tomatoes, carrots, apples, and bell peppers into the 1.5 gallon container and secure the lid.
- Start machine and slowly increase to highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Place into a large soup pot over medium heat and simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Place the oil, garlic, jalapeño and salt into the container.
- Start machine and slowly increase to half speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the jalapeno mixture to the tomato mixture on the stove and simmer for an additional 30 minutes. If the mixture is still too liquid, simmer for an additional 30-45 minutes.