Modern Bahn Mi
This original culture clash delight just got a passport... and it's very curious.
The Vietnamese-French classic takes some new influences from a few more spots on the map. Combining brining and slow cook methods reminiscent of American BBQ, a spicy Korean BBQ sauce, the classic cilantro slaw with a kick of Habañero Pepper and finally topped with a Rustic Italian round bun; this globetrotting hit will definetly score you some style points.
Prep Time: 24 hours (including brining) | Cook Time: 6-7 hours | Skill Level: Easy
Pulled Pork Brine
|3-4 lbs||Pork Butt|
1. Place pork butt approximately 3-4 Ibs in a large container
2. Rub all spices on pork and add on ingredients
3. Fill pot with water to cover pork completely and place in fridge for 24 hrs
|3-4 Ibs||Pork Butt Deboned|
|1 Tbsp||Pepper Corn|
|1 Tbsp||Smoked Paprika|
|1/4 Tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1||Whole Lemon Sliced Thickly|
|1||Whole Orange Sliced Thickly|
|1||Sweet Onion Sliced Thickly|
|6 cans||Favorite IPA|
1. Remove pork from brine, rub with all ingredients.
2. Add 3 cans of IPA and Bourbon.
3. Cover and cook at 350° for 6 -7 hours, adding beer to avoid dryness and burning.
4. Remove from oven and shred by pulling pork apart.
Korean BBQ Sauce
|1 cup||Rice Wine Vinegar|
|1/2 cup||Soy Sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Sesame Seed|
|1/2 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|4||Garlic Cloves, Chopped|
|1||2 inch piece of Ginger, Pealed and Grated|
1. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer for about 40 minutes. Stir occasionally.
2. Once thickened add to pulled pork to taste.
Pulled Pork Slaw
|2 cups||Broccoli Slaw|
|1 cup||Shredded Carrots|
|1/2 cup||Thickly Sliced Bermuda or Red Onion|
|2 Tbsp||Sesame Oil|
|2 Tbsp||Olive Oil|
|2 Tbsp||Rice Wine Vinegar|
|1||Habanero Sliced Thickly|
|1||juiced whole Lemon|
|1||whole Scallion Sliced Thickly|
|1/2 cup||coarsely chopped Cilantro|
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Top pulled pork with slaw.